The Food Issue Family

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Did you ever wonder what you should be when you grow up? Oh wait, I am grown up.

Have you ever thought good and hard about "What you WANT to be when you grow up?"  I have had a hard time recognizing what it was I was meant to do with myself. Until recently, when I chose Health and Fitness Coaching.  My job is not conventional, but then again, neither am I.  Never have been and likely, never will be.  Until having a long(isn) discussion about what I'm doing with myself with a close family member,  I felt like I knew I was doing the right thing for me, but when you have the most important people in your life questioning what you're doing, doubt it almost inevitable.  Is this "really" a career, is it the right "fit" for me? Doubt is only natural. I took this test and answered from my heart.  I can say I'm not surprised by what I have learned.   Below is a screen shot of my results.





First as an interest in work I'd like to do was being social. Big surprise. My Mom use to refer to me as a "social butterfly". Um, yup. Talking to people is fun for me. I like to meet new people and learn about them. Here is what www.mynextmove.org has to say about the social aspect: 
As you can imagine, the three major points of a social interest fit extremely well into what I "do" with myself now. I love teaching people healthier food options. I LOVE teaching people different things I have learned in the last 5 years of cleaning up my families diet and my health. I can not tell you the warmth I feel when someone messages me and tells me how my direction, my coaching, and my advice has helped them. 

My next strongest interest is Artistic. This was a given. See below picture:
 Creating "things" has been a passion of mine my entire life. It still is. I have just funneled that creative energy into creating a better, healthier lifestyle for my family. I love creating new documents to use for my coaching business. It's fun for me. It feels fulfilling. 

The third most influential interest for me would be Enterprising. I really don't think this trio could have been MORE perfect:
As a coach I "persuade" people all of the time. But not with my fabulous saleswoman skills, I lack those horribly. I fail all of the time at presenting my "product" and "closing the deal".  I'm not great at convincing someone I have a product they "need". What I AM good at is being there when someone is ready to learn, grow and make a positive change. Because, I was there once too. I "persuade" people to join me in choosing a healthier lifestyle by living it. By being proof that the products I choose to promote will change the way you feel, the way you look and the way you think about leading a healthier lifestyle.  Don't believe me? Check out my before and after pictures on my Facebook page, make sure to "Like" it to keep up with me, get healthy recipes and ideas. 

As if the three top interest in a career for me weren't perfect enough, check out the sixth line down on this list of careers that my interests match with. Funny…kind of looks like I'm moving in the right direction to me.

Want to take this test and get an idea of what YOUR career interests are? Find it here www.mynextmove.org  You may be surprised at what you learn about your career, and about yourself. 



No comments:

Post a Comment