The Food Issue Family

Saturday, June 14, 2014

The last three days have been exhausting and that's putting it nicely. My body has been pushed to maximun exertion limits, but I will never let that stop me. If you now me, I don't let much stop me.

Here are my top 10 thoughts on this process and the last 3 days:
 1) My children aren't adjusting super great to all of the life changes, lots of crying and whining and arguing. Guess they enjoy change just as much as their Mommy does? In case you weren't aware, I'm not a fan of change. Unless of course it's in my physically, mental or intellectual abilities in a positive way. I am a creature of routine as are my tiny humans.
 
2)  Thank goodness for my Mom and stepdad Bill and Mother-in-law and her BF Greg for coming here to unload the PODS. Those two men worked harder in these three days then Dave and I did loading the PODS in the first place. I was so fatigued by the time they got here, they really saved the last two days!

3) Having a house with multiple stair cases greatly increases the level of difficulty of a move! Who knew? Oh, that's right, every military spouse I knew that said I was crazy for doing a DITY (Do IT Yourself) Move.

4) Every one of those military spouses that said I should have the movers do the job were 100% correct. We were perfectly capable when we did the move to CA, doing it ourself, but logistics of that process have changed in 2.5 years and yeah, never again. No seriously. I will NEVER do a DITY again. Ever.

5) Thanks to my sister in law Chrissee Bee for coming and essentially meeting her niece Lillian for the first time, and spending time with both of our children. It warmed my heart to see how much you've grown up. And yes, my pink hair is merely extension and not "real" (hahaha).

6) A big thanks to my big sister, Megan Costa, and my bro in law, Frank P. Costa II, for letting us crash at their place for the last few days and for helping with the kids at bedtimes etc. Because, seriously, being able to shower in your fancy pants bathroom allowed me to have a few moments of feeling like I was in a resort bathroom. I think I even giggled over that thought a few times while flopping around your gigantic bubbly tub in amazement at the amount of chill room in there (which I used for stretching my soar muscles). Legit, I totally stretched in the tub. It was glorious, and will likely happen again on some random day when I'm at your place. ;)

7) Yes, again, all of my lovely friends (and husband) were correct, we have "too much stuff" for being a military family. Lucky for me, in a few short weeks we will be a "civilian" family and we will no longer be "free to move about the country" when the duty calls, therefore, I reserve the right to have as much "stuff" as I want. But, I do admit when I am wrong, and while I didn't say I was correct, I will say that my friends were. Everyone who said I should have just purged, purged, purged is on my genius list. ;) (P.S. I spelled genius wrong and autocorrect fixed it. Gave me a chuckle).

8. I also reserve the "right" to hire movers the next time we move. I don't care if we are moving up the street, or 100 miles…I will never load a dresser or washing machine or freezer again, and have come to understand why so many military families just sell their appliances before moving.  LEGIT, that washer was almost put on the curb because it was such a beast to move! P.S. I'm officially donating that bad boy to the rental property we are calling our new digs for a while, because I will NEVER move it again. Let's hope it doesn't magically stop working in the next few months, but hey, if it does…I'm totally paying Lowes to remove that bad boy. So I still won't have to move it. Winning.

9. Moving without your spouse there SUCKS.
Example A: I called Dave "Hey, where do you want this super heavy guitar amp".
His reply "Our bedroom".
Insert quiet pause. Then my reply "Garage, I can give you garage. That's about it. I'm not carrying that to our bedroom!"
Hope he an find it when he eventually gets here. It's in that massive pile of boxes somewhere.

10. In addition to reserving the right to hire movers next time, I have also predetermined with the hubs that the next time "we" move, I'm going to go away for a few days with the kids. This will be his chance to plan, orchestrate, and manage a perfectly successful move, while the tiny humans and I take a "holiday". After all, he's the Mac Daddy at Transportation and Logistics Management…so I think he can swing this. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment