The Food Issue Family

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Teese Vegan Soy Gluten Free Cheese Review


Dairy free cheese. I know, it sound SOOOOO delicious doesn't it? I've had a few that I have actually enjoyed. Then came that entirely different beast, finding a dairy free, gluten free and SOY FREE cheese. No matter how many times I force myself to smell a fake cheese, that "odor" gets me right in the stomach. I've always been too turned off to even try them. Until now. 
Do I still think they smell like barf? Sure do! BUT, now it wasn't about ME getting a cheese replacement, but finding one for my child. 
Since managing the various nutritional issues of my children, mainly my son, I've had to come out of the box and try these fake cheeses. So far I've tried two. The first of which I didn't do a review on because at the time I wasn't interested in reviewing anything, just finding a vegan soy free cheese that didn't make me want to barf. No kidding. I once had the unnamed brand of fake cheese on some mexican rice. My husband walked in to the room and asked if I had farted. All I could muster up was "No, it's this. It smells horrid and tastes like yuck, but I told myself if I keep eating it I will eventually just dislike cheese all together". How could that be good? Here's how, if I associated real cheese with the nastiness in the bowl in front of me, I wouldn't crave real cheese anymore and I wouldn't need to keep searching for one that would meet that craving." 
I had stopped the search for some time, and then I came across this little tube of "Teese" on the shelf at Wegman's while visiting family in New Jersey. I read the label (as per the usual) and my child could actually eat it without incident. But would he ACTUALLY eat it without wanting to barf? Here's his (our) review of the Teese Brand Vegan Cheese that is also gluten and soy free.As a little note, it still has that terrible "smell" I can't stand, but it greatly reduces in au de barf when I cooked it! 

 I hope you enjoy the clip! 











No comments:

Post a Comment