The Food Issue Family

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Kombucha DAY 6...

This is my first time delving into anything that has to do with cultured foods. 
We are anxiously awaiting the completion of our first round of Kombucha.  
This is DAY 6. 

I.Am.Afraid…to touch it, smell it, move it…ruin it. 

But that's ok. Sometimes you have to just fail forward.
Get up and try something new.

In 3 more days I will take the next step in this process.

I'm not completely clear on them. So many questions!

The directions say "pour off a couple of ounces for a taste test…when the tea is brewed to your taste, pour the tea into glass bottles and cap. Place in refrigerator."

Here is some learning I need to do: 
What do I do with the old scoby?
Can I reuse them and make two batches at once?
Is the scoby forming properly?
Can a larger scoby be cut into multiple scoby?

HELP!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment